Thursday, July 12, 2007

OB Appointment

Good news from the doctor today....I only gained 2 pounds in the last month! My total is up to a whopping 8 pounds through 24 weeks. She said I needed to gain at least 12 more pounds by the time Cliff is born, about a pound per week. I think I can handle that! Everything else is looking good: Cliff's heart rate was in the 150s and my blood pressure is normal.

I go for my glucose screening next week to test for gestational diabetes. I have to drink a glucose mixture (that I've read/heard does not taste good!) and then exactly one hour later have my blood drawn. Apparently only 5% of pregnant women develop gestational diabetes and if you do develop it, it normally goes away after delivery. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm in the 95% that doesn't get it!

I asked what I could do about my legs cramping up at night and she said stretching normally helps, along with additional exercise. So it looks like Brinkley and Nuke will be going for longer walks....they'll be thrilled!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only 8 lbs - you suck! In all seriousness, that is great. I had one too many burritos when I was pregnant with Avery and am paying for it still. Mia, well, I only gained a total of 12 lbs because she came bursting into the world at 28 weeks - stinker. I love reading the blog.