Wednesday, August 8, 2007

In the home stretch....



Here I am, the first day of my third trimester (taken last week)! Cliff and I are doing great....and so is the dad-to-be! We're both getting really excited for him to get here, me especially. He seems to like to position himself up under my ribs and kick me all the time. I've noticed that I have to get up at work and walk around a lot more to stay comfortable. And everyone tells me it's only going to get worse....so the next two months of busy season are going to be fun for my co-workers, I'm sure!

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, and Brad and I both guessed that I had gained about 4 pounds over the last month. We were both wrong - I packed on 6 more pounds! So my total weight gain through 28 weeks is 14 pounds. I think my mom is pretty proud - I actually listened to her about something! Everything else was good: my glucose levels are fine and I don't have gestational diabetes, the baby's heart rate is still up around 150 beats per minute, and I'm measuring right on track. I'll start going to the doctor every two weeks now, and then in October, once every week.

I'm headed to Indiana for my first baby shower this weekend! I'm so excited, I can't wait to see everyone. A lot of my close friends from college will be there, so it'll be a nice reunion. Brad isn't able to make the trip with me this time though - I know he's bummed to miss the Indiana heat and humidity in August! We'll be celebrating Mackenzie's 1st birthday while I'm home too. She started walking after our Gatlinburg trip, so I can't wait to see her show off!

We added a few shelves and an extra clothes bar to Cliff's closet in the nursery last weekend. It was funny because once we were done, we both just kind of sat on the floor looking around at nothing! We've sort of decided where the furniture will go once we get it, but I think we were both kind of in shock at how fast the pregnancy has really gone. Just a few more months and he'll be here....and you'll all know his real name then!

No comments: