Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Frequent flyer

Too bad you can't get frequent flyer miles for babies that sit in your lap! Nolan took his second flight to Indiana last weekend. We got lucky on the way out and had the whole row to ourselves again. He was pretty good, but I could definitely tell a difference from when we flew in December. He doesn't just sleep all the time like he used to! It helped that the flight was at his bedtime, so he ended up sleeping most of the way. My parents picked us up, and it was a late night for everyone - we didn't get back to Terre Haute until around 1:30am. But that's how it goes with the 2-hour time change!


My mom had surgery a few weeks ago, so she wasn't able to pick Nolan up or put him down, she could only hold him when someone else handed him to her. Needless to say, Nolan got spoiled a lot by Nanny this weekend!


Saturday morning we went down to Clay City to see everyone. We watched some guitar hero performances at Ryan's house, and then went to Cary's to hang out for awhile. The kids definitely love Nolan....but I think Mackenzie loves him most! She is still quite the mother hen :)


Saturday afternoon we visited with my friend Susan, her husband Alex, and 3 1/2 year-old Kaitlyn. Susan and I went to Franklin College together. We don't get to see each other that often, so it was really nice to spend some time together. They are expecting baby #2 on April 9, so Kaitlyn got some good big sister practice time in with Nolan!



















My cousin Lisa stopped by to visit too. She's a HUGE Colts fan, so Brad had to let her know that both times Nolan has worn his Colts outfit, he's either spit up on it or pooped all over it! He loves telling that story....


Granny Ruth and her daughter Erin (who used to babysit me too!) stopped by with Erin's kids, Ryley, 5, and Liam. Liam is a few months older than Nolan, so they were checking each other out! (I'm working on getting a picture of the boys together that Erin took, so I'll post it later.)


The rest of the weekend we spent just hanging out at Nanny & Papa's with everyone. Nolan got to try out the jumper seat and absolutely loved it! We'll have to get ours out at home this week for him to sit in. He does such a good job of holding his head up!

























The biggest news of the weekend came Monday morning.....Nolan rolled over for the first time! He kept getting to his side from his back and then quitting. My mom kept saying it would only be a few more days before he would get it. Then Monday morning, I was drying my hair and Nanny got a phone call, so I went downstairs because Nolan was fussing around a little. He was just laying on the floor playing, and we were talking, and all of a sudden he did it! Mom came over after she got off the phone and saw him pulling his little arm out....he was so proud of himself! Brad was in the shower, so of course I ran up to tell him. We haven't had a repeat yet, but I know it's just a matter of time before he's rolling all over the place!


We had a great time getting to see everyone and relax for a few days. It's always hard to leave my friends and family, but I really believe that absence does make the heart grow fonder. We'll get to see my parents again in April when they come out to Colorado for a few days....after tax season, of course!

No comments: