Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Visit with Nanny & Papa

Nolan was spoiled all weekend by his Nanny & Papa - and so were we! Nolan doesn't usually get up during the night (we are so lucky), but if he did, my mom got up with him and let us sleep. We didn't even have the baby monitor on in our room!! It was really nice.

We didn't have a whole lot planned while they were here, just hanging out. Thursday Brad went to work and I stayed home. That afternoon I took my parents to Nolan's daycare and they got to meet all of his girlfriends :) We picked Brad up and went out for dinner for my dad's birthday, which coincidentally is Nolan's 1/2 birthday! I really wanted to start celebrating 1/2 birthdays in our family, but Brad thinks it's a little too much. What's wrong with making a cake for every 1/2 birthday? No presents, just a little family celebration....but I got vetoed. I fought it for awhile, but I guess I'm learning to pick my battles.....

Friday while Brad and I were at work, my dad was bored. So he cleaned our garage....and put our fire pit together.....and fixed a couple drawers in the kitchen.....and put out the trash because we forgot! He just can't sit still. If anyone has seen our garage, you know it needed the cleaning! We can probably even get Brad's truck in there now - woo hoo!

Saturday, while my dad and Brad were replacing fence posts and buying a TV, my mom and I took Nolan to get his 6 month pictures taken. He was so good.....he didn't cry once and didn't even really get mad when I changed his clothes! He didn't smile a whole lot, but I didn't care, as long as he wasn't throwing a fit!

That's right, Brad finally got his flat screen TV! Mr. Researcher had been looking into it for who knows how long, and finally figured out what he wanted, which happens to be a 46" Samsung HD 1080p blah blah blah blah blah. But he did get a great deal on it - way to go!! I am SO glad that he decided to get it while my dad was here to help him hang it. Not that I couldn't help him hang it, it's more that I didn't want to help him hang it! It looks really nice and it has a great picture, but now I have to learn all the new HD channels.....haha

My mom and dad brought the Bill Cosby video, "Himself", and we watched it on the new TV Saturday night. It is hysterical! If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend watching it, especially if you are a parent or had siblings growing up. I had never seen it, but I've heard my dad saying pieces of it here and there ever since I can remember. It's 25 years old, but it just shows that some things never change!

Sunday we went to Brad's baseball game, and let me tell you, it was an exciting one!! (Are you picking up my sarcasm?) At least we had good weather! Most of our pitchers were gone, so it was a good thing that the other team's pitching wasn't good either. They normally play 9 innings and have a 3 hour time limit. They barely played 7 innings. And the score was 26-21. And we lost. But Brad hit really well - as he would say, he was a double shy of the cycle. And I missed his first home run of the season because I forgot to bring any formula for Nolan and had to run and get some before he woke up. On top of that I didn't even have my wallet with me (usually I am way more put together!) and had to ask my dad for cash. That hasn't happened for a long time! Of course everyone thought that was pretty funny.

We had a great weekend with my parents and it always goes too fast. :( Nolan loved pulling my dad's beard, and loved having my mom take him out on a walk (so did the dogs!). We took them to the airport and said a tearful goodbye....but we'll see them again in about a month! Here are some pictures from the weekend:























































































Guess I didn't take as many pictures as I thought!! I'll try to get a picture of the new TV once we have all the wires hidden :) And as if I didn't know it before, I really figured it out this weekend - we're going to have to buy a LOT of sunscreen for this kid. Red hair + Blue eyes = FAIR SKIN! I think all the drool wiped out the sunscreen around his mouth so he got a little burnt. Guess we'll have to keep re-applying.....fun!!

No comments: