Saturday, September 27, 2008

Nolan's 1st steps! 8/25

We'll always remember Brad's 28th birthday - the same day Nolan took his first steps! We had known it was coming for awhile because Nolan was cruising around the furniture pretty good, it was just a matter of when and where.

I was in the living room with him and he took a couple steps, so of course I frantically yelled for Brad. He came running out and Nolan kept doing it! I think we scared him a little because we got so excited! Not more than a few steps at a time, but he was definitely walking. So it's going in his baby book. (And if it never makes it there, at least it's on the blog, which is my backup baby book!)

I remember when my friends/siblings/relatives told me when their kids started walking or hit other big milestones, and of course it was exciting. But I guess I just didn't really appreciate how exciting it truly is until it was my own kid that hit that big milestone. You're so proud of them and they have no idea why, and then they're so proud of themselves! I'm sure this is one of many things that I'll feel that way about. I'll always remember that day - it was so sweet how Nolan would just throw himself into either me or Brad when he thought he was going to fall. Hopefully he'll still trust us like that as he gets older!

Here's a video of Nolan's new trick - Nuke kind of gets in the way, but you get the idea. He's much faster now!


Since we had just gotten home from Chicago, Brad didn't get his birthday dinner until the next weekend. In my family, I always remember getting to pick whatever you wanted for dinner when it was your birthday. I loved it! I think I always picked meatloaf. Anyway, I'm going to continue that tradition with my family. So Brad requested turkey and green bean casserole. Basically Thanksgiving dinner. I made it all (with mashed potatoes and gravy even!)and surprisingly it didn't turn out too bad! We had enough for him to have leftover turkey sandwiches the next day, so he thought that was even better. Now I'm ready if I ever have to make Thanksgiving dinner....but let's hope I don't!

Happy 28th birthday, Brad!

No comments: