Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Baby Engle



Here it is....proof that we really are going to be parents! And I know the picture is fuzzy (it says PREGNANT), but I refused to take a picture of my belly that only looks fat right now and not pregnant! (But I promise those pictures will come later....)

We found out we were expecting on March 1 - and we both immediately started laughing! We were planning for it, we just didn't think it would happen so quickly...we are definitely lucky in that aspect. Brad's first response was "Already?"

We decided we would each tell one person, so we didn't go insane. We had decided a long time ago that we would wait until I was out of my first trimester before we shared the news with everyone. So it was April 18 before we started telling everyone - a whole month and a half! It was a lot harder than I thought it would be! Brad did a really good job keeping our secret though - I was a little worried. I'm kind of glad we kept the news to ourselves for awhile....it was kind of fun keeping a secret! So neither the Booe's nor the Engle's can feel left out - we hid it from everyone!

We are due on Halloween! When we told everyone back home, a few people said it might be a real "Booe" baby (my maiden name)! My father-in-law said it might be a little devil....haha

We are both super excited about our first baby, I have never seen Brad beam so much when he talks about it. We both have great examples for parents, so hopefully we can follow suit!

As for me....I have been feeling great, knock on wood! Things didn't work out exactly as planned, so my first trimester fell smack dab in the middle of tax season. I told myself at the beginning that I wasn't going to let myself get stressed out with work, and I didn't. Thank God I never had morning sickness, I was just really, really tired all the time. I did have a "breakdown" at work one day when someone I work pretty closely with simply asked how I was doing. I just started bawling! She ended up 'guessing' that I was pregnant, and I'm glad it happened that way because it made tax season a little more bearable knowing that someone in my office knew. Thanks, Megan!

I'm gradually starting to get my energy back, but that didn't stop me from taking a 2-hour nap last Sunday! Everyone says the second trimester is the best, so I'm crossing my fingers. As for all of you non-mothers out there....when you get pregnant and have ANY questions, just let me know! I was in the dark about everything and felt completely clueless, so I'm here to let you know all the in's and out's - if you want to know! Most things that were happening I had no clue about, so I feel like it's my job to pass that on to all the unsuspecting women out there....

So that's the latest....I wanted to get everyone caught up on our exciting news. Oh, and I've got a list going of advice people are giving me. Brad says I have OCD, so why wouldn't I make a list for this? I know next to nothing, so anything from "Labor hurts!" (thanks, Jessica!) to things I should take to the hospital (thanks, Carrie!) is helpful!

The countdown is on for the gender ultrasound on June 14: 35 days!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice.

Anonymous said...

I need a clearer picture of the testing device before I believe this is true.

Anonymous said...

Abby, Congrats on this exciting news. I had no idea and just stumbled across your post on myspace. I am so excited for both of you and I know you will make an amazing mom. Best of luck with the pregnancy and thanks for sharing all of this in your blog.