Monday, September 10, 2007

Can you believe it's already been 2 years?

We celebrated our 2nd anniversary over Labor Day weekend in Breckenridge, CO. It took us a little less than 2 hours to get there, so not too bad of a drive. We weren't very adventurous, we just kind of took it easy for a couple of days. There are all kinds of shops and restaurants, and the weather was perfect for browsing. We got there Friday night and left early Monday morning.

When I originally planned our wedding, I thought it would be a great idea to always have a holiday weekend for our anniversary. Now, I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable when it comes to sports, but apparently I didn't think about Labor Day weekend being the opening weekend for college football. And not that I mind watching football, it's just the constant text messaging between Brad and his buddies to "catch a score" that drives me nuts sometimes! So while we weren't shopping or eating, Brad was watching football and I was reading Harry Potter. Romantic, huh? But it was perfect....we had a blast just getting away from home for a couple of days and spending time with each other.

Oh, and as an added bonus - a bartender said that I couldn't be in the bar area because I was underage! Brad and I looked at each other and he told him I was 29, and the bartender said I couldn't be more than 19! haha So much for being down about turning 30 next year....apparently I have a long way to go before I actually look that old!

Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend:




From our hotel room balcony.








The ski slopes without the snow.

No comments: