Monday, September 10, 2007

BIG weekend....

Last weekend was full of events!
My mom and dad came out Wednesday night for a weekend visit. It wasn't much of a vacation for them, since we had them helping us work around the house. And when I say 'helping', I really mean they did a lot of stuff for us while we had to be at work on Thursday and Friday. They painted the nursery for us - which was a lifesaver for us. It looks awesome, it was just how I wanted it! And remember how I said we had left our anniversary trip early on Monday morning? It was so we could go to Lowe's and Home Depot and buy ceiling fans for the living room, master bedroom, and nursery. So those got hung this weekend, mainly by my dad, with Brad helping in the evenings. Another not-so-fun job....putting hardware on the kitchen cabinets. I know Brad was thrilled that my dad took care of that one! Everything looks great and we couldn't be more appreciative that they came out and helped us.

It was nice to have the nursery painted since I had my second baby shower at our house on Saturday! I got to show off the fresh paint job to everyone as they arrived. The shower was wonderful, we got some amazing gifts from friends and family! Thank you to everyone who was able to come and share it with me, and thanks to my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and step-mother-in-law for helping out with everything! We got lots of cute clothes and blankets, including a homemade blanket with dogs on it from my mom. The two big gifts were the glider rocking chair and the crib....which I was thankful once again that my dad was there to help put them together. I was having flashbacks of Brad and I trying to put our treadmill together last fall....it was a loooong night! Having the crib and clothes in the closet makes everything seem so much more real now!!

Here are some pictures of our busy, busy weekend:







Our other event of the weekend was our trip to the Mile High Flea Market. Talk about a huge yard sale!! It's only about 10 minutes away from our house, and I had never been there. It was interesting! I think my dad wished he were closer to home because they had a lot of good tools that he would have liked to pick up for a bargain, but he had to settle for looking this time. The best part was the produce - it was so cheap and really good! Definitely worth going back for in the future.

Thursday, my mom was able to go to my doctor's appointment with me. Before every appointment, Brad and I always guess how much weight I've gained since the last appointment....I was right this time! He said 1 lb. (maybe he was being nice?) and I said 3. 3 it was! I'm at 16 total now, and I'll be 33 weeks on Wednesday. My mom and Dr. McCrann decided that I have a very boring, uneventful pregnancy....and that's a good thing! It means a healthy baby and a healthy mom....and a happy dad! My next appointment in September 20.

Hope everyone had as great of a weekend as we did!

1 comment:

Cheryl Troxel said...

I love the paint job in the nursery. Very cool! Almost there now - woohoo!!!