Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!




Nolan with his first Halloween pumpkin....only a day late! I can't take the credit for the cute idea with the binky in the pumpkin though - my friend Cheryl did this awhile back and I stole her creativity. Thanks, Cheryl!

Nolan is doing really well, and getting bigger every day! My mom was here all last week, and my dad was here last weekend to see the little guy and help out. They were lifesavers, to say the least! The breastfeeding is going okay, but we had some ups and downs at the beginning. I do have to say that I have a lot more patience than I thought I would. Nolan had a little trouble gaining weight at first, but everything is good now. We had a weight check with the pediatrician on Monday, and he had gained 8 oz. in 4 days!! He was finally over his birth weight at 7 lbs. 1 oz. He's doing a combination of nursing and taking a bottle with breast milk that I've pumped, and seems to be okay going from one to the other. He's a great baby....we couldn't ask for better!
Brad and I are adjusting to this whole parenting thing. We just love him to death, even at 2 in the morning when he won't go to sleep! He'll get gas and sort of smile, and it's just the cutest thing ever, and then we forget about how much sleep we aren't getting. Brad has still been working, but his mom has been here to help most of this week. I'm going at it alone on Friday for the first time though....we'll see how it goes! Next week Brad will be home all week, so that will be nice to spend some time with him and Nolan, just the three of us.
Hope everyone is doing well and had a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is too cute! I am glad to hear you have had so much help these last couple of weeks. I know how hard it is to adjust to everything. Everything will settle down soon and you guys will get into a little routine and suddenly you won't remember life without him. What a precious and sweet gift.