Friday, April 25, 2008

6 months old!

I can't believe Nolan's already 6 months old! Everyone said it would fly by and I never believed them. Now I know better!

I took Nolan to see Dr. Zavadil on Wednesday for his well-baby check up. Brad couldn't go because of work :( Nolan weighs 17 lb. 8 oz. and is 26 inches long. At his 4-month check, he was only in the 10th percentile for height, and that's moved up to the 40th percentile now. Woo hoo! Maybe there's hope for him yet to be at least average height. haha

Dr. Zavadil said that Nolan was doing great physically and developmentally. He was super active while we were there - probably just showing off! He ripped the paper that they put out over the table a few times because he loved the noises it made while he was playing with it. Dr. Zavadil said she loves when we come in because Nolan is always so happy and healthy, and that we're doing a great job. She said we make it look easy, like it's our third child! That made me feel really good, because there are definitely days when I don't think it's easy!! When I told her that Nolan sleeps at least 8 hours a night she wasn't surprised because Brad and I are so laid back. Wait, me, laid back?! I told her my husband (and anyone who knows me for that matter!) would disagree with her on that one....she said that's usually how it goes, when one parent is a super control freak (I told her I'm the one that likes to keep the schedule) and the other one is more easy-going, there's normally a common middle ground that they can both agree on. So Brad puts up with my OCD and occasionally I let the schedule slide....but only a little bit!

We're so blessed to have such a healthy and happy baby.....having the cutest baby ever is a bonus!!

No comments: