Tuesday, June 24, 2008

8 months old....

....already!!! Nolan's getting bigger and more active every day. We love watching him figure things out and discover new things. He definitely keeps us busy! Brad said the other day, "There's no such thing as relaxing anymore, is there?" :)


We had a busy weekend.....here are the highlights:


Saturday afternoon we all took a trip to the vet. The dogs are going to the groomer next weekend (they need it!) and needed to get their shots updated before that. It was pretty hot that day, so instead of taking the no-A/C truck, we all piled into my car. Our dogs are super hairy and shed everywhere so we always put sheets over the seats to try and contain it. I think Nolan was happy to have some company in the back seat for once!





























I had an impulse buy last week at Walgreen's! I actually went to buy teething tablets that we haven't even tried yet, but in the baby section, I saw this little mesh bag to put big pieces of food in for teething babies. That way they can chew and not get any pieces that are too big. I've seen them before and my mom said she sees a lot of patients with them in her office. I thought I'd try it out. We put a couple of orange slices in there and let Nolan go to town - he loved it! He had tried a lemon for the first time Friday night and made some funny faces at first, but then couldn't get enough of it.





























Saturday we broke out Nolan's pool! It was his first time swimming and after getting used to the cold, he loved it. I got the pool at One Step Ahead, it has little sprinklers on it and you just hook it up to your garden hose. The water was a little chilly! I think I took like 30 pictures, but here are just a couple....and a video, I couldn't help it! Brad was working in the back yard while we were playing, but I promised I wouldn't post the picture I got of him.....:)














































Nolan wearing sunglasses for the first time - he wasn't sure what to think!



















Brad's friend Jim was in the neighborhood Saturday evening, so he stopped by and had dinner with us and played with Nolan. Nolan's shirt says "it seemed like a good idea at the time"....thanks for the cute hand-me-down, Sam (and SB)!!




















We had a lot of family time this weekend, just hanging out at home. Brad and I joked that Nolan barely had clothes on for most of Saturday and Sunday! It's just easier because I know he's just going to spit up on everything....I'm saving myself some laundry! haha Here are some pictures (at least he's halfway dressed in most of them) of Nolan exploring/roaming the house and checking things out:

In front of the fireplace



















Crawling through the bar stools















Taking a look out the front door



















Nolan's 'secret' route to the kitchen. He has sort of learned 'no', but chooses to ignore it. He likes to play with the lamp cord - I'm afraid he's going to pull the whole lamp over one of these days! Luckily, most of the time he's just happy with crawling through to get to the kitchen so he can get to the dogs' water bowl!




















Sleepy monster.....















After our nice weekend, we have a short week! Nolan and I leave for Indiana on Friday. We'll be (hopefully) going to the Clay City Fair Friday night and Saturday we're going to Indy to visit my friend Tracy and her new baby, Grady. I'm so excited! Sunday morning, my mom, Cary, Collin, Mackenzie, Nolan, and I will take off for Gatlinburg. Ryan and his family will meet us down there, while my dad and Mark will pick Brad up at the airport on Sunday afternoon and then head to TN together. We don't have much planned, just relaxing! There will be lots of swimming at the pool and the water park, eating, napping, playing games, hiking, and shopping I'm sure! I plan on taking a couple of books to keep me occupied. I'll have plenty of pictures to share in my next post!

Have a safe and happy July 4th holiday!

1 comment:

Andy, Amanda, William & Dylan said...

So, you fell for the Cookie Mag hook too? I saw the red bag on the floor in one of your pictures. Funny!