Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Brad celebrated his first Father's Day yesterday! I made him open his gifts Saturday night though....I couldn't wait!




Brad is the king of hot sauce. We have probably 6 different kinds in the fridge at any given time. And they're used for different types of food, who knew? A friend of ours that works with Brad suggested we check out http://www.bottledhell.com/. I kept this in the back of my head and ordered him a few - Bottled Hell, Mo' Hotter Bottled Hell, Nuclear Hell, and Hellbanero Fire. He asked if I was trying to kill him - haha! We haven't been able to try them yet, but maybe tonight.




The gift that I'm sort of impressed with myself about is a gift certificate to a poop scooping service. Yep, there are businesses that will come and pick up your dog's poop for a fee. What a crappy job....pun intended! :) There are quite a few - I had no idea until some co-workers mentioned it as an idea. They'll come once a week, once every two weeks, or once a month. I got a gift certificate so Brad could decide since he's the one that does it (I absolutely refuse!) and he's the one that mows the yard too. I know it kills his knees to do it, so I thought it would be a nice Father's Day gift.....and he loved it, so even better!

My best gift didn't turn out so well. I had a T-shirt made (with the help of Brad's friend Jim) with the logo of Brad's baseball team, The Wolf Pack, on the front. I knew he would absolutely love it! I was going to dress Nolan and show up at his game to surprise him. Well.....while I was in Indiana, Brad texted me a picture of him holding up the same shirt!!! I knew I had hidden it at home and he couldn't have found it. So I asked where he had gotten it.....his brother-in-law, Jason (who's the coach), had ordered them for his daughters and Nolan and had their names embroidered on the back. I was so disappointed that I wouldn't get to surprise him!! When I got home, I pulled out my shirt and we had a good laugh. Now we have two identical shirts, one with Nolan's name, one without. I put the plain shirt in the tubs of all the clothes Nolan's outgrown to pass onto the next munchkin.....






















































Nolan and I haven't been going to many of Brad's games lately because it's a little bit of a hassle. You never know what kind of field they'll be playing at or if there will be anywhere for Nolan to roam around. And he doesn't want to sit still! Since it was Father's Day and the game was close to home, we went for the first hour and got to see Daddy hit a home run! Well, technically we just saw him running the bases after the other girls asked me if I saw him hit the home run. I'm distracted easily with a crawling 8-month old!



I'm so blessed to be married to such a wonderful husband and father! I love watching Brad and Nolan together, it just brings an instant smile to my face every time. My heart just melts every time I hear Brad telling Nolan what a good dad he's going to be and all the things they're going do when he gets bigger. And Daddy's the only one who can get a big belly laugh out of our little man! So Happy first Father's Day babe! We love you!

No comments: