Friday, June 13, 2008

Updates

Nolan has been keeping us busy! I've been blogging about things we've all been doing as a family, but I've been keeping a list in my head (one of many, trust me) about all the new things Nolan's doing.

* Nolan is such a little explorer! He loves the doggie door, the fake tree in the living room, and any lamp cord he can get his hands on. We're still working on the word 'no'.....

* He's tried some table food lately. Cantaloupe, bananas, cheesecake, cupcakes, ice cream, puffs, potato salad, macaroni and cheese. We moved up to the stage 2 baby food, which is just a tiny bit thicker and it's got more than one fruit or veggie in it, and bigger containers. He still loves bananas and most of the fruits but hates peaches and peas. Not a big fan of peaches myself, so I can't blame him!

* He roams around in our bedroom and bathroom while we're getting ready in the morning. He loves to play in the closet with our shoes. He's fascinated by feet and shoes, it's so funny.

* Last week we noticed that Nolan's able to sit up from crawling now. Here's a video:



* Still no teeth!!! And we're coming up on 8 months now, but.....

* .....he's had a constant runny nose, won't let us put our fingers in his mouth to check his gums, and has been super fussy (which is not normal) so I think it might be here soon! I asked my mom last week 'what if he doesn't have any teeth?', and she just laughed at me. But I was serious! 'Oh, Abby, you'll just get him dentures!", she said, continuing to laugh. Real funny, Mom!

* Until Nolan got sick about a month ago or so, he was sleeping through the night regularly, 8pm - 5am. I think his system got all out of whack, because since then he's been up almost every night at least once. This past week has been especially rough, up 4 or 5 times a night, but not really awake and wanting a bottle. It seems worse that he's getting up again since we had gotten used to a good night's sleep! Finally last night he slept 8pm - 4:30am. A huge improvement! But this further validates my theory of a tooth coming. Here's a picture of him sleeping one morning this week and taking a nap with Daddy last weekend:




































* Nolan is pulling up on everything in sight! Miss Erica at daycare said he pulls himself up in front of the mirror that runs along the bottom of the wall and just talks and laughs at himself. Here are a couple from this week:



































* In the biggest news of the week, Nolan has conquered the stairs!! He noticed them for the first time Wednesday night and just started crawling up them. We were amazed! I'm going to have to show him how to get down the stairs the right way - he tried going head first a couple times - but that night he was only interested in getting upstairs! Brad got the first set on the camcorder, but we got the second set on our digital camera to be able to post it on the blog. He was a little tired by the time he made it this far, but you get the idea. Oh, and that would be Brinkley panting in the background, not Brad....haha



Brad's got his first Father's Day coming up this weekend. He has a baseball game in the afternoon and then his dad, stepmom, and brother are coming over for dinner. Melissa (Brad's sister) and her family will be there too. I can't wait until he opens his present - I'm kind of patting myself on the back here, but I think I did a great job this time! Stay posted, I won't be able to reveal it until Monday!

Hope everyone in Indiana is surviving from the floods. Dad called to update me, and Cary and Rhiannon sent me a few pictures of Clay City and I couldn't even believe it. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone that was affected.

1 comment:

Laura Bridges said...

Don't worry, our Abby was 10 months old when her first tooth came in. Until then we didn't know how much fun teething can be. And what a girl, she chose to cut that first tooth on a 10 hour car trip home from South Carolina! I sure hope Nolan doesn't have similar plans for your 4th of July trip!