Saturday, October 4, 2008

9/20 - Cookout (or BBQ) with Melissa & Christy

I learned really quickly when I moved to Colorado that you don't have cookouts, you have BBQ's. It just doesn't make sense to me, but depending on who I'm talking to I have to use one or the other.

Anyway....since Melissa & Christy are both from the Midwest (Melissa from Ft. Wayne and Christy from Missouri), we had a cookout a few weeks ago. It was so much fun! The three used to work together at BKD and have stayed in touch and (try to) get together about once a month for dinner. (Side note - Brad asked me what we talked about when we got together. Like I'm going to tell him! That takes all the fun out of it!)
We were joined by Christy's husband Devon and 2-year old son Caden. Melissa brought along her husband Shaun too. It ended up being a doggie play-date as well, since Gunnison (the only girl dog) and Billy were able to join us. For the first few minutes it was crazy with the dogs! But after all butts were sniffed, things were good. Billy even learned how to use the doggie door! I wish I could have gotten a picture of all the dogs, but they never sat still long enough!

We had a great time, and it's always nice to catch up with old friends. Caden was even sweet enough to share his DVD player with Nolan. They were dressed alike too....how cute!

No comments: