Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pictures/events from the past month

Since I let the blog get sooooo far behind, here is a super generic post of events from the past month or so......

- Nolan got his two front teeth! His front left on 9/9, and the front right on 9/18. He's bitten me a couple of times....once on accident (I think) and once on purpose. Not fun for me! Here's a good picture of them:

















- We got together with Brad's Dad for a BBQ in mid-September. It was fun - good to see everyone and just hang out for the afternoon!

- The Wolfpack had their last game of the season on September 7. I didn't go to too many this year because I never got to watch any of the game since Nolan was on the move. But this was the playoffs and I wanted to make sure I got to see one more game this summer.

Hanging out with Daddy before the game


















I thought he was just being cute, but turns out he was eating dirt - literally, off the fence!

































- Two of my co-workers, Holly and Brandon, went to India to work in our offices there for 6 weeks. They both had a great experience and we missed them while they were gone. The day they came back to the office, Holly had flowers on her desk with a card signed by everyone in the office. Brandon, however, had a much different 'welcome back'!




























Each of the cups was filled with water. There was also a bowl of jell-o that his stapler just 'happened' to fall into, but I only heard about it.






















The best part is that I was there to see his reaction. Not happy! He kept saying how much work he to do, but yet he spent the better part of the day trying to get back at the culprit. Long story, but it involved some doctored e-mails making the culprit think he was getting in some BIG trouble. It was a good day for us onlookers!


- I've volunteered at two more Night Owls events and it seems more rewarding every time. The kids have so much fun, and I find myself looking forward to it each time too! We have funding to keep the program going through the end of the year, but we're always looking for more donations. If you're interested in helping out or volunteering, let me know!


- I got to go to a Rockies game on September 17 with my work. We had a great time, and the Rockies won! Hard to believe, but that was the first game I went to this year. We thought about taking Nolan this summer, but next year will probably be better. He's definitely got enough Rockies gear!


- Last weekend Brad went to Florida (for the first time!) with his friend Jim. Jim won tickets to the CU/FSU football game through a drawing. They left super early Friday morning and came back late Saturday night. They flew on a chartered flight....with the band! That made me laugh because Brad always makes fun of me for being in marching band. Anyway, they had a great time, but it was a long couple of days. Nolan and I were glad to have him home!


- While Brad was gone, Nolan and I went to a birthday party for his friend Evan who turned 1. They are almost exactly a month apart - Evan's birthday is September 22. Evan's mom Brooke is Melissa's good friend. We had a really good time! Evan was adorable in his little birthday outfit, and Nolan had so much fun playing with all the kids. I'll have some pictures of the boys as soon as Cindy e-mails them to me - hint, hint!

No comments: