Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving this year was pretty low key, which was nice. Brad had his annual flag football game with a bunch of guys he grew up with. It's always the morning of Thanksgiving Day, and I'm usually at home baking. There are usually at least a couple of minor injuries, and always some aches and pains for a week or so after the game. This year, the injury was Brad's big toenail. It's gone. And it's pretty disgusting. I have pictures that I sent to Nurse Polly just to make sure it was 'normal' to look like that. Trust me, you don't want to see them!



We ate at Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Kenny's - and I didn't get any pictures! But we had a great meal, talked about all the things we're thankful for, watched a lot of football, and played some Wii. It was nice to relax and just hang out for the day. I was in charge of green bean casserole this year, and even added my Grandma Booe's homemade cranberry salad to the meal. Everyone loved it, so it must have been good!



Friday Brad had to work since the market was open, but it was just a half day. Nolan and I headed to only one store to do some shopping (and that was enough!) and then settled in at home to wait for Daddy. That afternoon, we took Nolan to Aunt Melissa and Uncle Jason's to spend the night. He played with Cambell and Mylee and had a blast! Since they're going to have another little one in May, they thought they might need to practice and see what they're in store for! Melissa got back into the swing of changing diapers again - I'm sure it didn't take long to get into the hang of things!



The rest of the weekend was spent watching LOTS of football (we don't discriminate - we watch pretty much every game, college and NFL, you name it!!) and I got the Christmas tree and other decorations up. Somehow I ran out of lights for the tree even though they all fit on there last year. I haven't had time to get more lights yet, so the bottom quarter of the tree looks a little weird with no lights or ornaments. I figured I'd keep the ornaments out of Nolan's reach, just to be safe. He does like to pull on the red strings of beads though, but he's been fairly good about leaving it alone when we ask him to.



Here are some pictures from our lazy weekend at home:




















































































Ahhh, the son of two accountants....of course he'd like playing with a calculator!!






































Nolan's first run in with chili....obviously, he loved it! (Notice Brinkley strategically placing himself to lick Nolan's hands clean whenever needed.)




















Playing with Daddy





































This is one of my very favorite videos. I love watching Brad and Nolan play together, it just makes me smile and feel so blessed to have such a wonderful little family!


No comments: