Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas in Indiana!

As usual, I'm a little late with my post!

We had a wonderful time in Indiana for Christmas! It started out a little rocky because we were delayed about 2 1/2 hours getting out of Denver. Plus, Nolan was running a fever so we thought we were in for a long flight. But it wasn't bad at all! We just didn't get to my parents' house until around 3am, but at least we made it there safely and weren't stuck in an airport like some people.

Highlights from our trip:

* Nolan got his first ear infection. Good thing that Nanny has some good connections :) Dr. Schuld was able to get him started on a prescription that we eventually found out Nolan was allergic to. After a couple of doses of the new antibiotic, Nolan was good to go. We're just lucky that he's gone this long without having one - it was not fun for any of us! Oh, and I just found out that Brad was allergic to almost everything when he was a baby....so this could be fun figuring out what else Nolan is allergic to!

* We got to visit with a lot of my extended family from both sides. We had dinner at my Uncle Pat and Aunt Jennifer's house with the Buell clan (my mom's side), and all the Booe cousins (my dad's side) got together one night to hang out. It was great to see everyone!

* My parents celebrated their 40th anniversary on December 20. 40 years!! We decided awhile back that we wanted to throw them a surprise party and it worked out perfectly. They were definitely surprised! It's such a rare thing to know someone who has been married that long, and they've been such a good example for all of us kids. Brad and I have 3 down.....with many more happy ones to go!!

* Brad, Nolan, and I got to spend a lot of time with my nieces and nephews during the week. I love watching Nolan play with them, and hope that once he gets older he'll look forward to our visits to Indiana as much as I do. :)

* Freezing rain kept us from getting together with my two friends Sarabeth and Susan, but we decided next spring it will be nice to get all of our kids together at a park when the weather is nice. Brad, Dad, Nolan, and I did venture out early the day the ice started, and it was not fun! I missed getting to see them, but it was a good idea for everyone to stay safe!

* Brad got the flu....again. It never fails that he gets sick every time we go to Indiana. He joked that my mom is trying to poison him! HA! Luckily, he recovered before we had to fly out, and I never got it!

* We all went to the Christmas Eve service at my parents' church in Terre Haute which was really nice. Nolan stayed in the nursery with Kenzie and was right at home. They said he loved the music!

* We celebrated Christmas with my family on Christmas Eve also. Dad tried a new recipe - Cornish hens. They were great, everyone loved them! I love watching all the kids unwrapping their presents....there's always so much excitement!

* On Christmas Day, we usually go to Cary and Ryan's houses to see what Santa Claus left all the kids. It's a whirlwind of all the kids talking at once, but a lot of fun!

* We spent a lot of lazy time at home this trip, and it was really nice. Brad took a nap every day I think (wait until you see the video!), and we were able to sleep in a couple times too. And we both probably gained at least 5 pounds from all the good food!

Whew! Here's our Christmas week in pictures:


Click to play Christmas 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow



Christmas was so much fun this year, and I think next year will be even better since Nolan will really understand it all!

No comments: