Friday, January 2, 2009

Our family Christmas 2008

We made it back to Denver safely on the 27th! I'm glad that we had a day to regroup before heading back to work.



We decided to start a tradition of Santa Claus coming to our house the night that we get back from Indiana, because we'll always be in Indiana on Christmas Day. Nolan didn't really understand Santa this year, but I'm sure he will by next year. I suppose we can figure out which way works better and adjust it to before we leave too. Santa Claus is pretty flexible! :)



We didn't go crazy with presents this year, and even held a few of Nolan's birthday presents back to give him on Christmas. I think this is the only time we'll be able to get away with that!! He got a Cars couch that he absolutely loves. He pulls it out, sits on it, and folds it back up. It's so cute!











This is the Cars table and chairs that Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Kenny got Nolan for Christmas. Mommy and Daddy were just a little late putting it together :) Notice Brinkley lurking for Nolan to drop one of his snacks!






















Brad and I always set a limit for each other, and this year he decided on $40. You have to get a little creative when it's that low! He's been wanting a deep fryer for awhile now, so I figured I'd surprise him....and I did go a little over the limit....oh well! We should be having funnel cakes this weekend when he tries it out for the first time. We've also got fried ice cream on the agenda....


I had gone on a slight shopping spree a couple weeks ago, so I told him I didn't need anything for Christmas. Except one thing....a silicone basting brush for when I make tea rings. He came through! I'm excited to try it out!


Nolan's 2nd Christmas was so much fun. I can't wait to share many more memorable family Christmases with my boys! (We got this one all on video, just like my mom and dad used to do....wonder if we'll ever watch them?)

No comments: