Friday, June 19, 2009

IT'S A BOY!

That's right, come mid-October, I'll still be living in a house full of testosterone!
To say that we couldn't be happier is an understatement. Our little guy was so cooperative during the sonogram - he just let it all hang out there! I knew right away because it looked just like Nolan's sonogram pictures, but Brad couldn't see it until we pointed it out to him. Then of course he was ecstatic!

The ultrasound technician went to type 'Baby Profile' on one of the pictures and accidentally typed 'Boby Profile' instead. And it was decided! We'll call Baby Boy Engle #2 'Bobby' until he decides to join us. You might remember that we called Nolan 'Cliff' before he was born since we like to keep the actual name a secret.

The best part is that Bobby is healthy. Everything looked good and they even said I was measuring about a week early. They didn't change my due date, but a week early would be my birthday instead of Nolan's. So let's all cross our fingers that Bobby decides he wants to meet us a few weeks early to avoid anyone having the same birthday! :)

As for me, I've been feeling really good lately. Aside from the fact that I'm more emotional this time (if that's possible!) and really anxious about a lot of different things, everything is going great. I do feel like I'm bigger at this point with Bobby than I was with Nolan, but I hear that's normal. I just try not to think about it too much. My heartburn has graced me with its presence again this time, so I've stocked up on Tums and Maalox. But all in all, I'll take the occasional heartburn and lack of energy any day over the nausea I had just a couple months ago!

Here's a picture of me at almost 24 weeks (taken on 6/25/209). I looked back at my blog from when I was pregnant with Nolan, and at 20 weeks I had only gained 6 pounds. I'm up to 8 pounds this time, which still isn't bad, but I do need to start watching what I'm eating more. It's just so easy to 'splurge' more often now!


We are very excited and very blessed to have one healthy son and now we'll add to our boy-filled family with healthy son number two! I'm just going to call it now that Bobby is going to be a spitting image of his brother....the Engle genes have proven to be pretty strong!

No comments: