Friday, June 19, 2009

Sharon's Bachelorette Party - Chicago - 6/6/09

My friend Sharon (who used to work with Brad) had her bachelorette party in Chicago, so my other friend Danielle (who also works with Brad) decided we should have a girls weekend!! Now, I made these plans before I knew I was pregnant, but I had a really great time anyway. I was worried I'd be too much of a party pooper, but I think I did okay!

It was a quick weekend, but lots of fun. Friday night we went to a White Sox game - they got shut out by the Indians and I had to bust out my 'mom' voice and yell at some kids sitting behind us who were throwing food - and had perfect weather.

U.S. Cellular Field

Danielle, me, and Sharon (side note - Brad was jealous because he's never been to this field!)

On Saturday, not-so-perfect weather! It was cold, windy, and rainy, but that didn't stop us! We had lunch at Gino's East - Chicago deep dish pizza - and then headed to Navy Pier for an architectural boat tour. It was freezing, but we ended up laughing about it later!

Yes, it was THAT cold! Jenn, Lisa, Marcy, me, and Danielle


That night, we had a shower for Sharon at the hotel. We had so much fun! Everyone else decided to keep the party going at a few local bars/clubs, but the prego went to bed early :)

Faye (another of Brad's co-workers), me, Danielle, and Sharon

Group shot!

Danielle and I headed back to Denver early Sunday morning, just in time to meet a few tornadoes! Yikes! We were in a holding pattern for about 45 minutes before we were able to land at Denver. Once we did land, our pilot told us that a lot of flights were re-routed to Colorado Springs, so I wasn't complaining too much after that (we only live 15 minutes from the Denver airport - CO Springs would have been a MUCH longer trip). I'm just glad we made it back safely!

It was a great weekend and a great way to help Sharon celebrate her last week of being a bachelorette!

No comments: