Friday, June 26, 2009

Congrats to Sharon & Munish! ~ 6/13/2009

Our friends Sharon & Munish tied the knot! We were able to go to the wedding in Snowmass Village (about a 3-hour drive west of Denver) and spend the night because my parents just happened to be in town the same weekend! It was nice to have a night out...even though we didn't sleep in at all the next day! Why? Because we had to get back for Brad's baseball game....of course!

There were two different ceremonies - one traditional and one Hindu. Neither of us had been to a Hindu wedding before, so it was really fun to see something different.

Us before the traditional ceremony


Here is a shot of Munish on the horse that he rode to the Hindu ceremony. The little boy that's riding with him is to symbolize purity. Below is a video of the music that was played while everyone followed Munish and the horse to the ceremony. Hopefully I'm not getting this wrong, but I think this part is called the Baraat.



The bride before her big entrance into the Hindu ceremony - yep, she got TWO wedding dresses! :)


Both ceremonies were beautiful, and the weather completely cooperated for the whole day! It was gorgeous. I always cry at weddings, and little did I know, Brad and Danielle made a bet at how many times I would cry. Can you believe that?? Danielle won because I only cried once. They bet over/under that I would cry at least 3 times....Brad took the over! haha
Now the reception was a totally different story.....I couldn't stop crying! I felt ridiculous, but at least I could blame it on the pregnancy hormones. But in all honesty, I think I would have cried that much anyway. I'm just an emotional person, what's wrong with that??? Everyone gave speeches, but I think Munish's dad's speech was the best. He kept talking about how Munish would always be his little boy and how he remembered holding him for the first time. I mean, how can you not cry when you hear that???? :)
Sharon and I at the reception

We had a great time, and wish Sharon & Munish the best! Congratulations!

No comments: