Thursday, October 29, 2009

He's Here!

I'm a little late with this post, and most of you already know about our new addition, but just to make it official:

Andrew James Engle arrived on October 13, 2009 at 3:21 am. He weighed 6 lbs. 15 oz. and was 19 inches long. Here is a picture right after he was born and then one when he was 3 days old. What a difference!!

AJ is a really good eater and most nights, not a bad sleeper. When we left the hospital, he had dropped in weight to 6 lbs. 3 oz. By the following Monday (6 days old), he was back up to 7 lbs. 1 oz. We went back to the pediatrician on Tuesday (2 weeks old) and he was already up to 8 lbs.!! I tried nursing and he seemed to be doing great while we were at the hospital, but once we got home it was like he completely forgot what he was doing. So I'm pumping now like I did with Nolan so he at least gets the breast milk. It's a little more difficult since Nolan doesn't completely understand what's going on, and that he always chooses the time when I'm pumping to do something he's not supposed to. But I feel good that AJ is getting breast milk instead of formula for now, at least while I'm not working.

AJ does NOT like to be swaddled. This is so different from Nolan because he absolutely loved it and would go right to sleep once he was wrapped up good and tight. AJ just wants to be toasty warm with a couple of blankets and he's good to go. He goes back to sleep relatively easy, so that's nice for me when I'm up with him in the middle of the night :)

He also hasn't seemed quite as attached to the binky like Nolan was already at this point. Maybe that's a good thing???

AJ's hospital pictures look pretty close to Nolan's, but I think he's got a little more Booe boy in him than Nolan does. Maybe I won't have two little mini-Brad's running around after all!!

Here is the link to AJ's newborn pictures from the hospital:

http://www.our365.com/newbornportraits/babydetail.aspx?BirthId=31e4ca9b-b154-4251-aaec-48f1e074c5af

We are just thrilled with our new little man and can't wait to see more of his personality. So far he is definitely very mellow, which Mommy appreciates every day ;)

No comments: