Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Nolan!

Our little man turned 2 on October 18, 2009....it flew by so fast! I'm just glad that he and his brother have separate birthdays. I was extremely worried about that before AJ got here. That, and the fact that I didn't want AJ to have to share a birthday with me either!!

Since AJ was due on Nolan's birthday, we weren't sure when to plan the party. It ended up being about a week after Nolan's actual birthday, so everything worked out. I'm not sure what I was thinking though, inviting 40 people (yes, that is not a typo) over to my house 10 days after giving birth! I wouldn't have been able to do it without Brad, and my parents who were visiting to help out with AJ. I was exhausted afterward, but I definitely wanted to make sure Nolan had 'his' day :)

We went with a Hot Wheels theme, and I even made the cake myself. I was so proud of myself! Nolan loved the cars on the top.


We are so blessed and lucky to have such great family and friends that love Nolan so much! He definitely had a wonderful 2nd birthday!

Here he is with one of his many Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars. He actually squealed when he opened a couple of them....it was hysterical!


Another typical boy birthday gift that has gotten lots of miles around our house - the dumptruck!


Nolan is not a shy kid, but when he looked up and saw that many people staring at him, he got a little bashful :)





This has to be one of the best pictures. We have so many friends with kids, we just had to try and get them all in one picture. We are only missing two boys that got a little camera shy, so I think we did a pretty good job!


Left to Right: Mylee holding Jacob (or Jackson), Max holding AJ, Cambell holding Rylann, Kennedy, Grayson holding Jackson (or Jacob), Evan, Delaney "holding" Nolan

We had a lot of fun and Nolan got a ton of cool stuff for his birthday. What a sweet, loving, funny, outgoing little man we have....can't wait to see what his 3rd birthday is like!!

No comments: