Tuesday, May 22, 2007

16w6d

16 weeks pregnant and I haven't gained any weight, I've actually lost a pound! Woo hoo!! Just ask Brad, I've been using that excuse for the past week to eat whatever I want....donuts, cheeseburgers, you name it!

I went to the doctor last Tuesday and everything is fine. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat again and it was normal, around 160. Baby Engle is definitely a mover though - the doctor would find the heartbeat, we'd hear about 4 beats and then the baby would move again! I haven't been able to feel him/her moving yet, but I'm hoping it will be soon. My doctor said between 18-22 weeks is normal for your first baby.

I had to have my blood drawn yesterday for the down's syndrome/spinobifida screen....not fun! But I did learn that I have a sort of rare blood type (AB-), so once I'm not pregnant anymore I'll probably try to give blood once in awhile. When I told my mom that was my blood type, she said it wasn't possible, because she and my dad are both B+. But then we figured out that my Granny was AB-, and to have it, someone in your direct lineage has to have had it, so it all added up. But it was pretty funny to hear my mom freak out a little bit....haha

Hopefully this finds everyone doing well. Enjoy your holiday weekend!

GENDER ULTRASOUND COUNTDOWN: 23 DAYS!

No comments: