Thursday, May 24, 2007

Daycare update...

Yesterday I let out a huge sigh of relief.....we registered Baby Engle for daycare!! We ended up choosing the first center we visited because we both really liked it. It's called Creative Beginnings, and it's only about 5-10 minutes from downtown Denver, where Brad and I both work. When I called to hold our spot, I panicked a little when they checked to see if they still had availability for mid-January....only 2 spots were left! Whew!! The best thing about this center is that they have web cams in each of the classrooms. Of course, it costs a little extra, but I think for the first year it'll be worth it. From what I've been told, those first few daycare drop-offs are going to be hard, so that way, once I get to work, I can check on the baby as often as I want!

In other news, I think I've figured out my flex schedule at work after I come back from maternity leave. It's not official yet, but I did find out that I'll be able to go to a 40-hour week year round. Doesn't sound like much of a flex schedule, right? But actually, compared to the 50- and 60-hour weeks and every weekend during tax season, it's going to be wonderful!! My vacation time won't get reduced at all (yay!) but my salary will be reduced by about 13%.....but I'll take it! Apparently I'm the model employee for a public accounting firm - having the baby after the October 15th deadline, and coming back right before the spring busy season. Little do they know it definitely wasn't planned to turn out that way!

Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone!


GENDER ULTRASOUND COUNTDOWN: 21 DAYS!

No comments: