Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

My first Mother's Day! It was pretty laid back.....I went to Brad's baseball game, and then dinner at the in-law's. My mom sent me a package last week, which sparked the whole conversation with Brad that YES, he did need to get me something this year for Mother's Day! And he tried really hard, I have to give him credit for that. I got a really nice card and a CD.....and a onesy that he thought was neutral. It's white with a little blue dog on it that says "Cutie on Duty". Except it was definitely for a girl (you know, with the poofy sleeves?) so I told him I'd hang onto it until we find out what the sex of the baby is. Looks like we're going to have to have some lessons in shopping for baby clothes!

I'll be 16 weeks on Wednesday, so I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Not sure what exactly will be happening at this appointment, but for some reason I think they might be doing the screening for down's syndrome, spinabifida, etc. So that means they'll have to draw blood, which I hate!

We checked out another daycare last Friday. Didn't like it as much as the first place by far, so I don't think it's going to make the list. I found it kind of odd that they said newborns are on a diaper-changing schedule....only 4 times a day at 9am, 11am, 3pm, and 5pm. They didn't tell us that at the place, it was just in the booklet they gave us that I read on the way home. I wonder if they get changed in between if they need it, or if they just stick to the schedule? Maybe it's just me, but I've always been under the impression that you change a baby's diaper when it needs it! So I'm ready to just sign up at the first place we found, but Brad's winning this one....we're going to check out a couple more just in case. And Amanda had a great idea - to check out the local hospital daycares. I'll keep you posted!

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day weekend!

GENDER ULTRASOUND COUNTDOWN: 30 DAYS!

No comments: