Friday, March 7, 2008

Happy (early) Easter!

We got a huge package on the front porch the other day when we got home. I couldn't remember if I had ordered something online or not (isn't that horrible?), so we were both anxious to open it. It was my early Easter present from my mom! Needless to say, I was a little more excited than Brad!

I had mentioned that I wanted a big Longaberger basket for Nolan's toys....but they're super expensive. Even I couldn't find a way to justify buying the basket, liner, and protector brand new. So my mom found one on Ebay and had it shipped out here. If you don't know what Longaberger's are, they are really nice baskets, just expensive. But they appreciate in value! And they make every kind of basket imaginable.....you could see a couple in that last picture of me and Nolan that hold the napkins and salt and pepper shakers on the table. It was just kind of something my mom started collecting way back when, and then when I finally moved out, I didn't know what to do without them! So I've sort of started my own little collection...it's just WAY smaller than my mom's. She has a whole closet full of the ones she doesn't use every day. My dad hates it....haha


I ordered a little Easter basket for Nolan the other day too. Hopefully it gets here in time! And I went a little crazy at the bookstore buying him stuff to fill the basket. I figure since he's still too little to really know what's going on, these first holidays are really for me and Brad. I got him a Pat the Puppy book (just like Pat the Bunny that we already have), a finger puppet book with a little bunny, his first Bible stories book, and an Elmo book that makes noises. I'm sure he'll be excited - he loves to read books at night time!

No comments: