Friday, March 7, 2008

On the move!

Nolan has mastered rolling from his back to his tummy, but he's still not real sure about getting from his tummy to his back. He's done it a few times, but most of the time he'd rather start crying until one of us goes to help him! We let him cry for a little bit so he'll eventually learn he has to do it himself. I actually got a video of him doing it last night. One of these days he'll figure out he can go where ever he wants to. After he rolled onto his back again, he caught the TV (we were watching American Idol) and then he didn't care that he had pinned himself against his playpen.







Nolan found his feet! He's been playing with them a lot now.




















Last night, Brad and I realized (if we hadn't known it before now) that parenthood was definitely upon us. We got seated in the 'family section' at Olive Garden. Not that that's a bad thing, it was just funny!

I talked to my sister last night. We spent a good part of the conversation talking about our Silly Songs CD's that we play in the car. How funny! She told me that Collin taught her a new part to Ring Around the Rosy too. When you 'all fall down', you stay on the ground and pat your legs and say "The cow's in the middle, peanut butter cups, lightning, thunder, we all stand up!" Of course it took her a few times to figure out what he was saying! I think Nolan will like it, it'll just be awhile before he's ready for that game. Right now we're into Patty Cake and This Little Piggy. Ah, how life has changed! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of the cute pictures of Nolan. And I had never heard the second version of Ring-Around-The-Rosey either until we had kids. We sing it "The cows are in the meadow, eating buttercups, ashes, ashes, we all stand up!" Ah, the mindless things we learn as moms:)

Abby Engle said...

Excellent! Collin's only 3, so he very well could have been singing those words....you just never know! I'll have to call my sister and tell her, I'm sure she'll get a good laugh out of it!