Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

My first Mother's Day was wonderful, to say the least! Brad out-did himself this time....
Friday night when I got home from Night Owls, Nolan had made me a Mother's Day card at daycare. It was the sweetest thing - a little poem with his footprints next to it. Of course I cried! I made sure to thank Miss Erica and Miss Hannah the next week. I still have it on my nightstand next to his ultrasound pictures. I can't seem to put them in his baby book just yet. :)

Saturday night we took Nolan to Grandma Cindy's for the night. We went out for dinner and Brad explained that if I didn't like the color of my gift, I could always return it....trying to throw me off course! So we got home from dinner and I unwrapped my present. He had wrapped it while I was gone the night before and didn't want to wake Nolan up trying to find the wrapping paper upstairs.....so it was wrapped in newspaper. And electrical tape. In a Coors Light box. Does it get any classier than that?? haha I opened it up and after pulling out a bunch of newspaper, there was a tiny little box sitting on top of a stack of magazines (so I wouldn't be able to guess what it was if I tried to shake the box - sneaky!). I knew it was jewelry, but I thought it was a new pair of earrings! It was a duplicate of my wedding band and it goes on the other side of my engagement ring. I had told Brad when we got married that someday I wanted the same band to make my rings symmetrical. I was so surprised! It's like when I got engaged and kept looking at my ring all the time, and then when I got married I did the same thing. Now I'm just getting used to my extra ring, and I absolutely LOVE it! It was such a great surprise!! Here are the before and after pictures (they're not great, but you get the idea):




















As if the ring wasn't enough, Brad had another surprise for me.....a massage at home on Sunday! His friend Jason is a massage therapist that specializes in deep tissues massages. I ended up guessing on Saturday night that was the 'delivery' he told me to expect the next morning. It was so nice and relaxing. But now Brad has really upped the ante for me for Father's Day! :)

My other surprise on Mother's Day was Nolan pulling himself up for the first time. That's right, this kid isn't wasting any time! It happened 8 days after he started crawling. I guess I thought there would be more time in between these big milestones! The first time he did it I wasn't paying attention, but he immediately did it again and I was able to catch it on video (sorry, it's sideways!). They are moving him to a new crib at daycare, and we had to drop his crib and playpen down at home. He's growing up so fast!!


My first Mother's Day was absolutely wonderful. A big THANKS to Brad and Nolan for making me feel so special! And a big THANKS to my mom, my Granny, my Grandma, my sister, my sisters-in-law, my aunts & cousins, my mother-in-law and all of my friends who are moms that have had a hand in making me the mom I am today. I couldn't do it without all the advice, love, and support that I get from all of you!

No comments: