Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lost and found

When we got home from go-carting, of course we had to go to the pool! For some reason I wore one of my wedding bands to the pool that day, I normally just left all of them in the room. Anyway, I took it off to do the whole sunscreen thing on everyone and didn't think anything of it. After the pool we hit the water park for awhile. Both in one day, whew!!

We all got back to the room and changed clothes and were hanging out before dinner. I sat down to open my book again and realized I didn't have my ring. Then panic mode set in. Aghhhh!!! I checked the dresser and only one was there. I ran and told Brad and then raced down to the pool to look for it. I didn't find it anywhere, and I wasn't surprised, it had been hours since we'd been there. Then I checked with Lost and Found and Guest Services.....nothing. This whole time I'd kept it together pretty well until I got back to the room. All the kids and Brad were waiting for me on the steps and I just started sobbing!!!! It was horrible. I was so upset with myself. Brad hugged me and told me it would be okay, that he and my dad would go look for it. I just ran into my room and threw myself onto my bed and cried (I know, a little dramatic!). Then my mom came in and told me how she'd done the same thing with a gold necklace she had a long time ago. Rhiannon came in and said how she never takes hers off because she's so afraid of losing them. Just when I thought I was okay enough to go and face everyone (it was our night to make dinner, so I had to hold up my end of the bargain!) Ryan said one thing to me and I just started bawling all over again!!

I felt really bad because I could hear all the kids asking what was wrong, why was Abby sad, etc. I hadn't meant to upset them, I'm just not very good at hiding my feelings I guess. Finally Brad came back in the room and said he'd left our phone number with Guest Services in case they found anything. I was still so upset with myself. Then he said that they wouldn't need our number because he'd found it!!! He had it on his pinky finger and held it up!! I was so mad at him for messing with me, but I didn't even care at this point. He and my dad had been digging through the mulch around the pool when a car stopped and asked if they'd lost something. He explained and they held up my band and asked if that was it. They were on their way to lost and found to turn it in. He thanked them and asked if he could buy them dinner!

Cary & Mark had been gone during this whole ordeal, but as soon as they came back she knew something was wrong. I told her the whole story and she said she could tell I'd been crying. Wow, I must be totally readable!!! haha (Like I didn't know that already!)

So my trip could have been horrible after that, but it was a great end to a long couple of hours (if it was even that long). Thank God for honest people! We said an extra thank you during the prayer that night before dinner. :) I told Brad if he saw that couple during the rest of our trip to point them out to me - I wanted to say thank you too!!

No comments: