Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Scenic Drive

Thursday morning Brad took off to the Gatlinburg Golf Course to play a round. He had a good time, but said golfing there was a lot different than golfing here in Colorado. He didn't have his own clubs - Cary & Mark had brought a spare set for him to use - so I'm sure that made a difference. But he had a good time and I'm sure he needed some time away from our crazy family!! haha

The rest of us took a scenic drive through Smoky Mountain National Park. The Smokies are a lot different than the Rockies. The Smokies are very green and the Rockies are, well, rocky. The Rockies don't have nearly as many different types of trees, so it's a little more interesting for my dad to drive through the Smokies I think. He likes to play this game where he stops about every 10 feet to say "What kind of tree is that?" I told Kylie before we left not to ride with him....hahaha

































Rhiannon & Ryan





















Of course Nolan fell asleep as soon as we started driving, but what's new. A little ways into the drive, most everyone got out to go on a hike. I don't hike. I'm just not a very outdoorsy person (plus I don't think the stroller would have made it too far). But I'm not the only one! Rhiannon, Kylie, Molly, Nolan, and I took one car and headed back to the resort until everyone else got back.



And then guess what we did???? The water park!!!!

No comments: